Terms & Conditions
Promoter: Mentos Me&You promotion is owned and run by PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK,
The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE. Please do not send entries to this address.
MENTOS ME&YOU TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering the Mentos Me&You loyalty program (the “Program”) you (the “Participant”) accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Program on the Me&You webpage (www.mentosmeandyou.co.uk) form part of these terms and conditions.
Promoter: the Program is owned and run by PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK, The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE (the “Promotor”). The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Program whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
Third party service provider: The Walker Agency Ltd Wootton Grange, Wootton Mount, Bournemouth, BH1 1PJ (the “Third Party”)
1. This Program is open to persons aged 18 or over.
2. This Program excludes employees and immediate families of Perfetti Van Melle – PVM UK, its affiliated companies, its agents or anyone professionally connected with this Program.
3. This Program is open between 01.04.2020 and 31.12.2022. (the “Promotional Period”)
4. At any time, the Promotional Period can be changed by the Promoter giving to that change the same level of advertisement than the one given to these Terms and Conditions.
How to participate:
5. Participating Mentos packs: Only packs carrying the Mentos Me&You promotional information can be used by the Participants for the purpose of participating in the Program. These packs are the following ones (or those that from time to time can be added by the Promoter): Mentos Mint single roll, Mentos Mint 4pk, Mentos Mint 5pk, Mentos Fruit single roll, Mentos Fruit 4pk, Mentos Fruit 5pk, Mentos Spearmint single roll, Mentos Spearmint 4pk, Mentos Spearmint 5pk, Mentos Rainbow single roll, Mentos Rainbow 4pk, Mentos 3+1pk Mint, Mentos 3+2pk Mints, Mentos 3+1pk Fruit, Mentos 3+2pk Fruit, Mentos Extra Strong Single, Mentos Extra Strong 4pk, Mentos Xtra Strong 5pk and Mentos Xtra Strong 3+1pk formats only.
6. To enter and participate, capture a photo or video of you with a Mentos roll, and submit it in one of the following ways:
a) share it on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #MentosMeAndYou or by tagging @mentosuk, or post it on the Mentos UK Facebook page or on the comments section of a promotional post.
b) share it on Tiktok with the hashtags #yestofresh and #mentosmeandyou or by tagging @mentos_uk.
c) upload it via mentosmeandyou.co.uk using the upload form.
7. Entries must not include or in any way contain:
a) Obscene or indecent material, including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity;
b) Defamatory content, including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group;
c) Threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace.
8. Entries must not invade privacy, image or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
9. Daily and monthly draws between 01.04.2020 to 31.12.2022. Prizes include gifts, food and drink, tickets and events. Prizes may change throughout the Program. Prizes subject to availability:
a) Daily prizes (1 gift box for you and 1 for your friend) which include 2 x 3 (6) unique Mentos flavours which aren’t available within the UK currently.
b) Monthly prizes containing a varied selection of experiences or gifts via Buyagift. The prizes will change throughout the program but will all be suitable for either an individual, or for two people or more. Once the prize has been chosen and awarded to a winning participant, the winner will receive a Buyagift voucher to the value of the prize at the time of announcement The value of the Buyagift voucher is up to a maximum value of £1000.
10. The monthly vouchers from Buyagift are valid for a period of two years from date of issue
11. The voucher can either be used as part payment towards a higher priced experience(s) or full payment on any experience(s) of equal or lower value. If you select something of lower value then you will be sent a credit voucher to use at a future date.
12. The Buyagift vouchers cannot be used to purchase special offer products or in conjunction with discount codes. Please read the restrictions associated with your chosen activity or gift before ordering. All T&Cs linked to Buyagift can be found at: buyagift.co.uk/terms
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize or any part of it for something of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
14. The daily prize draw is managed by the Third Party and uses a random number generator to select winners from all valid entries. Valid entries are displayed on the website gallery via an API which detects posts that use the #mentosmeandyou hashtag. All other prizes will be chosen by a judging panel and are selected on merit. The judging panel’s decision is final.
15. Winning entrants will be contacted via social media within 7 days of winning the draw. It is the responsibility of the winner to supply the correct personal information to claim the prize within 1 month of them being notified. The Promoter will not be liable for the non-delivery of the prize caused by the provision of wrong information. If the winner does not notify the Third Party of its personal details for delivery within 1 month of being notified, then this winner will forfeit its winner status and the Third Party has the right to pick another winner.
16. Prizes will be posted & sent free of charge to an address in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and will be sent within 7 days of receiving a consumer’s details by the Third Party.
17. Should the winner not receive their prize within 2 weeks (upon sharing their personal address details with the Third Party), he/she must contact the Third Party within a further 2 weeks to request a replacement. Outside of this period prizes cannot be reissued.
18. If the winner is unable for any reason to accept the prize then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant selected in accordance with the Program rules.
19. Winners may be requested to take part in publicity with no recompense.
20. Maximum one prize per person, per day.
21. Prizes that are undelivered or returned to sender will be deemed unwanted and the prize/reward will be forfeited. The prize will not be re-allocated.
22. Promotor reserves the right to verify the truthfulness of the personal data provided by the Participant at any time, as well as the age and identity of the winners before proceeding with the delivery of the prizes.
23. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to the Promoter by the claimant in the application.
24. The Participant cannot ask for damages or make a claim in case the Participant does not use the voucher within the validity period, regardless of the reasons or circumstances which led to not using the vouchers timely.
25. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the Program or use of or inability of the Participant to use any prize.
26. There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part and for a non-cash prize, no cash alternatives except in the event of circumstances outside of its control, when the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
27. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these conditions or the spirit of the Program.
28. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Program or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Program or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. Any amendment or cancellation will be advertised with the same level of advertising given to these terms and conditions.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the Program where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Program’s entry requirements or otherwise where a Participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Program or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. The pictures and images used by Promoter in connection with this Program and the prize are for illustration indication only, and may not reflect a true likeness.
31. The Participant represents and warrants to the Promoter that the uploading of the pictures / videos following the Program is made under the Participant’s sole responsibility. The Promoter is expressly exonerated from any liability for infringement or breach of rights which may arise from the uploading and in particular, with regard to possible violations of the rights of third parties (image, intimacy, honour, intellectual property and/or any other that might exist).
Consequently, the Participant expressly exempts and leaves the Promoter harmless from any liability and/or damage that may arise from the uploading and use of the pictures as well as from its use by any third party.
Also, the Participant expressly authorizes the Promoter to reproduce and use the pictures / videos uploaded in any advertising and/or Program related to the Program, all in any medium, including the Internet and social media channels, without such activities granting the Participant the right to remuneration or any benefit, also exonerating the Promoter from any liability that might arise.
32. The Participant expressly authorizes the Promoter to reproduce and use the pictures / videos uploaded jointly with the winner’s name, image, voice and likeness for any purpose in relation to the Program in any territory, in any media and in perpetuity.
33. Personal Data Protection
In compliance with the applicable personal data protection laws, the Promoter informs the Participants that the personal data that may be provided to participate in the Program, or the data provided after in case of being awarded with a prize, will be collected and processed under the control of the Promoter solely for the purpose of operating this Program including in case of being awarded with a prize, the publication of the Participant’s name, image, voice and likeness in the Promoter’s Social Media channels and for no other purpose. Consequently, the processing of the Participant’s personal data is based on the Participant’s will to participate in the Program.
The personal data processed will be kept as long as the relationship between the Participant and the Promoter is in force. The Promoter will delete any personal data submitted by the Participant three (3) months after the end of the Promotional Period, save where the Promoter is obligated to retain it in order to comply with applicable law. In no case any form of processing of the personal data to profiling or the transfer of the personal data to third countries is contemplated by the Promoter.
The Promoter informs the Participant that it may outsource part of the services related to the management of the Program to third parties with the purpose of obtaining promotional, organisational logistic or administrative support (for instance, the Third Party or other companies that carry out the service of delivering the prizes, or companies rendering technological services like hosting of the Promoter’s Website or social media channels). All these companies are acting as processors or authorized recipients and can have access to and/or process the Participant’s personal data only as far as it is necessary to comply with the purposes of this Program.
The Promoter informs the Participant that he/she has right to request access to and rectification or erasure of his/her personal data, or restriction or objection to processing, as well as the right to data portability or to withdraw the consent given by addressing to the Promoter a written communication to PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK, The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE, United Kingdom, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Data Protection Officer, always providing a copy of the identification document or any other document proving it.
Promotor informs the Participants of their right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority.
34. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Program and/or forfeit of an offer.
35. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Program whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
36. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.