Are you ready to take part?
Before you start, here are a few things we’d like to check – just for your peace of mind.
Please confirm that you’re OK with this.
We want you to have fun!
Please be sure to check and confirm you’re totally happy with the risks involved before you do. We will do all we can to prevent any misshaps, but you will be participating at your own risk.
Mentos Gum Barcode Festival Activation Waiver
We’re happy you’d like to take part in the Mentos Gum Barcode Festival Activation. Please read the points below carefully and confirm that you agree to each one, then sign and click confirm.
View Sweeper Gum Activation Terms
Mentos Gum Barcode Festival Activation Waiver
- I, the signee wishes to take part in the Mentos Gum Sweeper activity organised by Perfetti Van Melle.
- I recognise and understand that playing involves certain risks which include but are not limited to injury or death resulting from defective equipment and tripping or falling in the playing area.
- Despite these and other risks, and with full understanding of such risks, I wish to participate in the activity and hereby assume the risks of participating. I hereby hold Perfetti Van Melle – PVM UK Ltd. harmless and indemnify it against any and/or all claims, action suits, procedures, cost expenses (including attorney’s fees and expenses), damages and liabilities arising out of, connected with, or resulting from participating in the activity.
- I agree that I will carry out the activity in accordance with the specific safety instructions that I have received before undertaking the activity and that I will follow the instructions of the Mentos Gum staff and management at all times.
- I confirm that I am in good physical condition and have no medical impairment that might prevent me from participating in the Activity.
Free entry into the prize draw?
Stay on the longest, and you will have the chance to enter the draw to win a fantastic prize. The winner will be notified by email at the end of the evening. Please indicate if you are happy to participate.
View Prize Draw Terms
MENTOS GUM BARCODE ACTIVATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Promoter: Mentos Gum Barcode Activation is owned and run by PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK (the “Promoter”), The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE.
By entering and participating in the Mentos Gum Barcode Activation (the “Activation”) you (the “Participant”) acknowledge to have read, accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Activation through on-site Mentos Gum Brand Ambassadors and signage on the Mentos Gum Activation stand form part of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Activation whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
Third party service provider: The Walker Agency Ltd Wootton Grange, Wootton Mount, Bournemouth, BH1 1PJ (the “Third Party”).
- This Activation is open to persons aged 18 or over.
- This Activation excludes employees and immediate families of Perfetti Van Melle – PVM UK and the Third Party.
- This Activation is open between 14:00 till 23:59 on 02.09.2021. (the “Promotional Period”)
- At any time, the Promotional Period can be changed by the Promoter giving to that change the same level of advertisement than the one given to these Terms and Conditions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- To enter, the Participant must be registered through the electronic form that will be provided accepting the terms of the waiver and other information provided acknowledging Participants’ agreement with this terms and conditions. Personal information provided by the Participant will be processed by the Promoter according to this terms and conditions.
- The Participant must participate on the Mentos Gum Barcode Activation inflatable. The last person in the game and still on their podium will be the winner.
- Prize include one £200 BuyaGift voucher. Prize may change throughout the Activation. Prize is subject to availability.
- The voucher from BuyaGift are valid for a period of two years from date of issue.
- The voucher can either be used as part payment towards a higher priced experience(s) or full payment on any experience(s) of equal lower value. If the Participant selects something of lower value, then the Participant will be sent a credit voucher to use at a future date within the two years period from 02.09.2021 as referred above.
- The BuyaGift voucher cannot be used to purchase special offer products or in conjunction with discount codes. Please read the restrictions associated with your chosen activity or gift before ordering. Participant must see all T&Cs linked to BuyaGift voucher that can be found at: https://www.buyagift.co.uk/terms
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize or any part of it for something of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
- The prize draw is managed by the Third Party on behalf of the Promoter and will use a random number generator to select one winner from all valid entries. Valid entries are captured from the signed form mentioned in point 5 above. The Promoter will also select a reserved winner in case any issues with the winner.
- Winning Participants will be contacted via the email address provided in the entry within 7 days of winning the draw. It is the responsibility of the winner to have provided a correct e-mail address and also to give correctly any other further information that may be requested to be provided for the purposes of delivering the prize. The Promoter will not be liable for the non-delivery of the prize caused by the provision of wrong information. If the winner does not notify the Third Party of its personal details for delivery within 1 month of being notified, then this winner will forfeit its winner status and the Third Party has the right to pick another winner from the reserve.
- Prize will be posted & sent free of charge to an address in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and will be sent within 7 days of receiving Participants’ details by the Third Party.
- Should the winner not receive their prize within 2 weeks (upon sharing their personal address details with the Third Party), he/she must contact the Third Party within a further 2 weeks to request a replacement. Outside of this period prize cannot be reissued.
- If the winner is unable for any reason to accept the prize then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant selected as reserve in accordance with the Activation rules.
- Maximum one prize per Participant.
- Prize that is undelivered or returned to sender will be deemed unwanted and the prize/reward will be forfeited. The prize will be re-allocated to the reserve.
- The Participant cannot ask for damages or make a claim in case the Participant does not use the voucher within the validity period, regardless of the reasons or circumstances which led to not using the vouchers timely.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in the Activation or use of or inability of the Participant to use the prize.
- There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part and for a non-cash prize, no cash alternatives except in the event of circumstances outside of its control, when the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the Activation.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Activation or the awarding of prize, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Activation or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. Any amendment or cancellation will be advertised with the same level of advertising given to these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the Activation where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Activation’s entry requirements or otherwise where a Participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Activation or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The pictures and images used by Promoter in connection with this Activation and the prize are for illustration indication only and may not reflect a true likeness.
- The Participant represents and warrants to the Promoter that the participation in the Activation is made under the Participant’s sole responsibility. The Promoter is expressly exonerated from any liability or damage that may arise from the participation of the Participant in the Activation or from any infringement or breach of rights which may arise from the participation and in particular, with regard to possible violations of the rights of third parties (image, intimacy, honour, intellectual property and/or any other that might exist).
Consequently, the Participant expressly exempts and leaves the Promoter harmless from any liability and/or damage that may arise from the participation in the Mentos Gum Barcode activation as well.
- In compliance with the applicable personal data protection laws, the Promoter informs the Participants that the personal data provided by the Participant to participate in the Activation and, the data provided after in case of being awarded with a prize, will be collected and processed under the control of the Promoter solely for the purpose of operating this Activation including in case the delivery of the prize. Consequently, the processing of the Participant’s personal data is based on the Participant’s will to participate in the Activation.
The personal data processed will be kept as long as the relationship between the Participant and the Promoter is in force. After that, the Participant’s personal data will be only kept for a period of 3 months save where the Promoter is permitted to retain it in order to comply with applicable law.. In no case it is contemplated by the Promoter any form of processing of the personal data to profiling or the transfer of the personal data to third countries.
The Promoter is allowed to outsource to third parties, including the Third Party, part of the services related to the management of the Activation with the purpose to obtaining logistic or administrative support (for instance, companies that carry out the service of delivering the prize, or companies rendering technological services). These companies, acting as processors and/or authorized recipients, can have access to and process the Participant’s personal data on behalf of the Promoter and only as far as it is necessary to comply with the services outsourced and always and only with regard to the purposes of processing the personal data referred above.
The Promoter informs the Participant that he/she has right to request access to and rectification or erasure of his/her personal data, or restriction or objection to processing, as well as the right to data portability or to withdraw the consent given by addressing to the Promoter a written communication to PERFETTI VAN MELLE – PVM UK, The Boatyard, 105 Straight Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 2SE, United Kingdom, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “privacy”, always providing a copy of the identification document or any other document proving it.
Promotor reserves the right to verify the truthfulness of the personal data provided by the Participant (including the age and identity) at any time from the participation until the delivery of the prize.
Promotor informs the Participants of their right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification from the Activation and/or forfeit of an offer.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Please agree to the following terms by clicking on each box before signing below:
Perfetti Van Melle – PVM UK Ltd. 105 Straight Rd, Old Windsor, Windsor SL4 2SE
The Walker Agency Ltd. Wootton Grange, Wootton Mount, Bournemouth BH1 1PJ
Working Programme Title
Mentos Gum Barcode Festival Activation